This website is a collection of my writing. It houses fiction and non-fiction, pieces written for other outlets, and more personal pieces.
I've curated below what I think to be my finest writing.
- Dust - "The flower looked so frail in my hands, so red in the light. One of the petals was almost translucent. I placed a hand to my mouth and felt the stubble on my lip."
- Steam - "It was pitch black this time of year, and there was nothing to tell you where to go. I loved that feeling, it made me feel like I was smart."
- Chirp - "She got down on her knees and leaned into the bird. It blinked. She gasped softly."
- Artifact - "Its sacred geometry shifted in my eye, though I knew that was just part of it’s trick. It renders itself different to all those who’d seen it but what I saw left me breathless."
- Howl - "There was nothing wrong with the moon. It seemed like it would keep growing. It wasn’t a problem until it was."
- REVIEW: NIMA, Adam Popescu - The Chicago Review of Books (forthcoming)
- REVIEW: AUG 9-FOG, Kathryn Scanlan - The Chicago Review of Books (forthcoming)
- Why Are Videogames so Bad at Telling Stories? - "Or: If Videogames Want to Be Movies, Why Don’t They Learn Lessons from Them?"
- The Next Instagram (Essay) - Reading Supply - "Something that values the photo and not the snapshot, that gives the user the tools and vocabulary to interact with a piece in the method it deserves. For that, something new has to be created."
- Computers are Fundamentally Depressing. (Essay) - "It's unnatural to sit in front of box with flashing lights and sounds, in a high tension environment like while working. We know this, inherently, yet rarely choose to talk about it or address it."
- Interview with Devine Lu Linvega (Interview) - "I've always chosen my battles carefully, and have tried to stay at an arm's length of anything I love, if only to admire it whole."
- Rain & Memories (Essay) - "I had filled in gaps in my memories, which made the pull all the more powerful."